MUSIC EDUCATION FOR CHILDREN
Music education for children programm encompasses a wide variety of children’s songs, ranging from local and foreign traditional, to contemporary songs. The lesson includes many activities, such as:
– music listening,
– music and movement,
– learning how to play music instrument,
– creative work
– learning how to read music notation.
Through the music programme children will:
- Develop their aural perceptive abilities – to sing while deriving utmost pleasure.
- Express their inner selves by acreating music through the use of various means (voice, home-made instruments, traditional instruments, movement).
- Enjoy, appreciate, and accept good quality music.
- Get to know traditional music (folk songs), and to develop a sense of respect tradition.
- Appreciate the music heritage of other people.
- Develop their individual musical abilities.
- Employ music in order to develop the ability to develop the qualities of co- operation, responsibility and the ability to communicate.