We are happy to announce that Dhow Countries Music Academy is a partner in the “Phonotheque History of the Indian Ocean and its valorization actions” ( Digital archival platform project for geographic and multidisciplinary collaboration – a regional portal for enhancement of and empowerment in music).
Dedicated to the forms of musical expression on the islands of Mauritius, Seychelles, Comoros, Madagascar, Mayotte, Reunion and Zanzibar, this multimedia archival platform (with a documentary collection including phonograms, iconographies, writings, scores and videos) is meant to be a tool of public interest for collaborative enhancement of the area’s musical heritage from its 16th century origins to the early 21st century (beginning of digital music), offering a maximum of unpublished or published collected documents and knowledge on the history of traditional music, through a content that is both scientific and educational, and its dissemination. To preserve the documentary corpus in the long term, we will use a high-capacity, potent digital tool to receive large volumes of data over the years.
Other partners involved:
1. Pôle Régional des Musiques Actuelles (La Reunion)
2. Centre de Ressources des Arts Actuels Malgaches (Madagascar)
3. Conservatoire National François Mitterrand (Mauritius)
4. Archives Départementales (Mayotte)
5. Centre National de Recherches Scientifiques (Comoros)
6. National Conservatoire of Performing Arts (Seychelles)